Thursday 16 January 2014

First Assignment

 So, let’s just get right into this, shall we? 

My first assignment is a book report. I’ll start at the beginning. I was told to pick three books; not just any books though. Non-fiction books that are movies! Of course there may be tons and tons, but it was hard to find three I liked.

But, after a lot of research I found three. My books were 127 Hours: Between A Rock And A Hard Place, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Eat Pray Love.



 After I had my books, I had to make a pros and cons list for each book. This was harder than I thought it would be, but it wasn't the hardest thing I've ever done. After I made the pros and cons list I looked at each list and picked one. I ended up picking Eat, Pray, Love.

 After I picked I had to write a conclusion. The conclusion was half a page and explained why I picked the book.

 Now that I have my book I am reading 30 pages a day. But, there is more. While you read you have to write down major events in those pages you read.

 After I finish reading I will have to watch the movie and see what events they put in the movie that were in the book. 

Then after I'm done I'm expecting another conclusion needs to be written.

 So, that’s my first assignment. It’s a good thing I actually like reading or this would be torture.

1 comment:

  1. "Not just any books though." This is not a sentence. A sentence has to have a verb. You could have put: "I was told to pick three books; not just any books though."


    "Non-fiction books that have been made into movies." This is not good sentence structure. Would it be meaningful if it was a sentence all alone? It needs some context.

    "My books were 127 Hours: Between A Rock And A Hard Place, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Eat Pray Love." Great grammar! Good use of the colon!

    I like the photos of the books. Adds a lot to the report.

    "The conclusion wasn't anything special" - Don't ever sell yourself short on a report. Keep it positive. Trust me, the teachers, editors and bosses will take stuff apart enough without you downplaying what you are doing!

    You are missing 11 commas in your report. Do you know where they go?

    Overall, good job!

    ReplyDelete